2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
½ cup Magical Butter, melted
¼ cup Magical Butter
5 packages (8 ounces each), cream cheese, softened
1 ¾ cups sugar
½ cup sour cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
4 eggs, plus 2 yolks
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. In a mixing bowl add graham cracker crumbs and melted butter, and stir thoroughly.
1. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of a 9×3-inch springform pan. Cover the bottom of the pan with aluminum foil.
2. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
3. Put the crust mixture into bottom of the pan and press evenly, pushing about 1-½ inches up the sides.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla.
Beat on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
Reduce the speed to low, slowly add the eggs and yolks, and mix just until combined.
5. Stir in lemon zest, and mix for 10-15 seconds, then pour into pan.
Place pan in a shallow baking pan, pour water into the until it covers half way up the spring pan, to create a water bath.
6. Bake in the middle of the oven for 1 hour 45 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack for 45 minutes.
8. Gently run a knife along the outside of the cheesecake to loosen crust from sides of the pan.
9. Remove side ring of the pan, place into the refrigerator to cool for at least 4 hours. Letting it cool in the fridge overnight will give you the best results.